Moving into a new place is always an interesting experience. The whole packing and moving process is filled with stress and anxiety and these feelings generally compound the longer it takes you to move.
Part of achieving a successful relocation revolves around being adequately and correctly prepared. Here is a helpful moving house checklist, from one of the leading Perth moving companies, WA Removals, to give you the upper hand on your next big shift.
Grab the Notepad & Start Planning.
These are some of the things that we recommend you put on your list to make your relocation that much smoother.
- Label what you want moved and what you want stored.
- Make sure your furniture will fit into your new place. If your belongings won’t fit, or you don’t need them, sell or donate them to a charity.
- Let your gas, water and electricity company know you’re moving.
- Make sure your subscriptions know that your mailing address is going to change. Figure out how you’re going to get your belongings from point A to point B.
- Make sure you have enough packing boxes and tape to pack all of your belongings.
- See if relatives or close friends can help you on the day you plan to move.
Time and time again, we see people that underestimate the amount of work they need to do in order to relocate, usually waiting until the last possible moment to get organised. What we recommend is getting started with your planning and preparing well before you actually plan to move. Creating a list to check off makes you able to visually ascertain exactly what you have to do.
We usually tell our clients to start packing a fortnight before your scheduled moving day. It’s inevitable that you will have to pack things twice or even three times until you’re completely happy with how it’s packed.
If you haven’t done so already, contact a few furniture movers in Perth for quotes. Some removalists offer a packers and movers service, so if that will help alleviate some of the stress for you then you should consider it as an option. If you’re moving within Perth or out of Perth and won’t be able to move your furniture into your new house straight away, ask them if they have a furniture storage service in Perth or just contact us as we can do all of this plus more for you!
|Interstate||Residential||Western Australia||Backloading||Boxes||Storage||Rubbish||Home Cleaning||Insurance|